As a food business, you must follow the allergen information rules set in EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation (EU FIC). This means that you must provide allergen information to the consumer for both pre-packed and non-prepacked food or drink handle and manage food allergens adequately.
You need to tell your customers if any food products you sell or provide contain any of the main 14 allergens as an ingredient.
- Cereals containing Gluten – including Wheat (such as Spelt and Khorasan), Rye, Barley and Oats.
- Crustaceans – such as Prawns, Crabs and Lobsters.
- Molluscs – such as Mussels and Oysters.
- Tree Nuts – including Almonds, Hazelnuts, Walnuts, Brazil Nuts, Cashews, Pecans, Pistachios and Macadamia Nuts.
- Sesame Seeds.
- Sulphur Dioxide and Sulphites (if they are at a concentration of more than ten parts per million).
Samtouch Allergen Feature assists the operator to enquire if a product has any allergen content before selling the product.
This in itself doesn’t cover the regulatory requirements but it’s a simple and effective way of advising the customer.
Before buying online why not give us a call to arrange a no obligation demo on 01924 438238 or contact email@example.com
Unlimited operators can be added to your point of sale system.
Dallas key operation for speed of service and security.
Full reconciliation and sales reporting is available per operator.
Operator sales are synchronised throughout the system.
Hospitality Brochure 2019
Grow Your Business With Samtouch POS Solutions
Our Hospitality brochure is now available to preview, print and share for the first time. The most comprehensive and thorough overview of Samtouch Software to date.
New online brochure: http://bit.ly/2vJW8cT
Printed copies are available, call 01924 438238 now.